The South Oaks Parent Advisory Council (PAC) has been having a wonderful year working with both you and the South Oaks School staff. The purpose of the PAC is to:
● Discuss matters that are relevant to education in the school
● Discuss matters that are relevant to education in the Hanover School Division
● Discuss matters that are of concern to parents of South Oaks students
● To provide moral and financial support for educational programs which enhance or enrich the curriculum
We usually meet 4-5 times per school year to discuss these issues and others with our principal, Mr. Dale Martens, and the staff representative, Mr. Craig Froese.
This year the PAC was comprised of the following 5 members:
- Lorraine Wiens (President) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Randy Fast (Vice-President and Treasurer) – email@example.com
- Teresa Wiens (Secretary) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jon Rempel – email@example.com
- Caroline Smith – firstname.lastname@example.org
*We currently have 1 position open in our PAC group and are looking for a male to fill this role.
If this is something you would be interested in being a part of, please contact the school or one of the above parents*
Some of the ways the PAC have typically been involved during the school year include:
● Winter Fun Day (preparing & serving the hot lunch, funding for the Sleigh ride)
● The spring “World’s Finest Chocolate” fundraiser (helping with the distribution of chocolates)
● Teacher Appreciation Lunch (organizing & serving the lunch)
● School Picnic (June) – (funding for the bouncy castles & preparing the hot lunch)
Of course, due to the school closure, some of these events needed to be cancelled this year.
If any parent has questions, suggestions or concerns for the PAC to address, please feel free to forward them to any one of the members.Our contact information can all be found on the school website under the “Parent Council Info” tab.